Hello Friends, and Hello Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are excited about the new week ahead of us! I’ve had so many things running through my head lately, and so I’m sharing a bunch of randoms to start the week.
- We dropped all three kids off yesterday for a week at Bammy and PaDaddy’s for Summer Camp in the mountains! The kids are joining their cousin Sally Kate for 5 days of swim lessons, dance lessons, cooking, baking, woodworking, mini-golf, and so many other exciting activities that Bammy and PaDaddy have been planning out for months. The kids have been literally counting down the days until they get to go to Bammy’s house (Brantley even drew out a calendar on their white board and was x-ing out the days counting down to Sunday!) and have planned out what they’re going to help Bammy cook for dinner each night. I cannot wait to see the pictures and hear the stories about Camp Blue Ridge!
- So with the kids being gone all week, Scott and I made a quick little trip before a little stay-cation of our own! We dropped the kids off on Sunday and headed straight to Greenville, SC where we had a lovely dinner date, and then prepped for a meeting we had with our TalentStream team today! I wore one of my VERY FAVORITE new dresses, this adorable tassel midi dress. I wore it to church yesterday morning, on the road, and then straight out to dinner last night! A nice little night away was the perfect way to start this week to ourselves. The house is going to be SO QUIET, but we have A LOT going on right now and so it will be the perfect time to be super productive, so I can really focus on the kids when they get back, and enjoying our last few weeks of summer!
- While we were in Greenville, we went out to a great dinner at Larkin’s on the River. We haven’t eaten meat (or any animal products) all week long, knowing that we wanted to get some fish when we went out to dinner last night. We had some amazing oysters, mussels, a Caesar salad (served table-side, so fun!), and I had the Striped Bass with Quinoa and Tomato Coulis, and Scott had the Chilean Sea Bass with Asparagus. Everything was delicious, and we loved the ambiance. Such a great date night dinner out!
- Loving these new antique gold fan earrings! They go with practically everything- even outfits with a lot of detail (like my tassel dress from last night). I love the drop style and have been wearing them constantly.
- I love a good conspiracy theory, and I have always been super curious about life beyond our planet (bear with me, here!). Scott and I watched Extraordinary: The Stan Romanek Story on Netflix the other night and WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAA it is crazy. I was totally freaked out by it, because he kept documentation of ever-y-thing and has witnesses to verify so many of his experiences with the extra-terrestrial. Not to mention all the video footage he has and shares in the documentary. If you have any interest at all in aliens or whether or not there’s life beyond our planet, check it out!
- Have you tried ThredUp yet?? It is the best online consignment shop out there, and today I’m wearing a dress I ordered from there which was a third of the normal retail price and is practically brand new! I have bought and sold on ThredUp for a few years now, and have never been disappointed. They have such high standards that everything you order looks brand-spanking new. They only accept name-brand items, but keep their prices super low! Want to check it out?? Use my link here, sign up, and get a $10 credit on your first order!
- It’s Romper season, and I am in love with so many cute floral rompers this summer. Check out one of my favorite online retailers and get yourself a new cute romper this season! Use the code ZFEN01 for 10% off!
- How pretty is this lace fitted white dress?! Trying to figure out somewhere I can wear it so I can justify buying it, haha!
- We have really been so happy with our new plant-based eating plan. We only had one meat-based meal last week, and it turned out that the veggie-focused meals were all our favorites! We are all about continuing eating meat and animal product-free (for the most part- we are eating some fish, eggs, and a bit of cheese), and even though our kids are rock-star eaters as is, they have been so awesome and on board with our healthy eating! They have eaten every vegetable we’ve cooked last week (even beets, kale, okra, and asparagus- or “spagarious” as Brantley says, ha!), and love the idea of eating healthy. Parent win!! So here’s what we have planned to eat this week:
Monday- Cauliflower Tacos
Tuesday- Roasted Veggie Flatbreads with Squash, Zucchini, Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Onions with Tzaziki Sauce
Wednesday- Sauteed Kale and Rice with Roasted Okra and Beets
Thursday- Falafel Buddha Bowls with Quinoa, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Cucumber, Hummus, Kimchi, and Tahini Sauce
Friday- Skillet Bruschetta with Greens and Beans with Roasted Beets
And that’s all I’ve got for today. Happy Monday, and hope you have a great start to your week!