Have you seen the 73 Questions YouTube posts like this one? Now, I’m not going to make Scott chase me around the house while he asks me a bunch of questions he probably already knows the answers to, but I will write it all out in a blog post! Want to know more?? Follow along!
1.Were you named after anyone?
Halfway. My parents just liked the name Amanda (most popular name in 1982, the year I was born), and my middle name, Parrish, was my paternal grandmother’s middle name. It’s now Brantley’s middle name too.
2. When was the last time you cried?
About 10 minutes ago.
3. Do you love your handwriting?
I have to admit, I do!
4. What is your favorite lunch?
Mexican- Tacos, Chips & Salsa, and Cheese Dip
5. Instagram or Twitter?
6. What’s something you own that you cherish?
Wedding bands from both of my grandmothers.
7. How would you describe your style in three words?
Classic, feminine, eclectic.
8. Do you like flying?
Not anymore. Makes me too anxious and nervous.
9. Would you ever bungee jump?
10. What is your favorite cereal?
I like really boring cereals like Corn Chex and Crispix. Do they even make Crispix anymore? I like Quaker Oat Squares too, and like to just eat them by the handful.
11. What’s your favorite movie as a kid?
12. Do you think you’re strong?
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Haagen Daaz Coffee (but Halo Top Peanut Butter Cup is giving HD a run for its money!)
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
15. Red or pink?
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
17. Who do you miss the most?
My grandmother- she passed away in 1996 (the one I am halfway named after), and I think of her regularly
18. What was the last book you read because everyone was reading it?
Girl on the Train. Loved it!
19. What movie made you cry the most?
So many! The Notebook (EVERY. TIME.), Marley & Me, and more recently, Me Before You (UGLY cried!) and Mr. Church
20. What was the last thing you ate?
Tikka Masala and Rice
21. What are you listening to right now?
Braves vs. Mets playing in the background
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
23. Favorite smell?
Weird, but I love the smell of tobacco and whiskey.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
I love both, but if I had to choose only one, I’d say beach house.
26. Favorite sport to watch?
27. Hair color?
Dark Brown (with a bunch of gray all covered up now :))
28. Eye color?
29. Puppies or kittens?
30. Favorite food?
So hard! Fried Chicken, cheese, tacos, crab legs, steak, fried catfish, chopped salads, sushi, pho, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, ribs, I can keep going…
31. Scary film or happy ending?
Happy ending, always!
32. Last film you watched?
The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightly (and the two guys from Downton Abbey) for the second time! SO GOOD.
33. What book are you reading now?
34. Summer or winter?
35. Hugs or kisses?
Kisses for few, Hugs for all 🙂
36. Favorite dessert?
37. Favorite room in your house?
38. How long have you been on Facebook?
I got on Facebook right before Brantley was born, so about 8 years.
39. What is your favorite country to visit?
I have only been to Canada and Mexico, but I loved Vancouver, Canada.
40. Favorite Candy?
Chocolate- Snickers. Non-Chocolate- Tie between Starburst and Skittles.
41. Do you have a sibling?
One younger brother. Only 18 months younger.
42. Favorite sound?
My children laughing and playing sweetly together.
43. Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
If I HAD to choose one, I’d pick the Stones.
44. What is the farthest you’ve ever lived from home?
Nebraska (geographically and emotionally)
45. Do you have a special talent?
Sewing and over-thinking 🙂
46. Where were you born?
47. Where are you living now?
48. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. ALL DAY LONG
49. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever received?
My wedding proposal. 🙂
50. What is your latest obsession?
True crime and serial killer podcasts.
51. Pilates or yoga?
52. Jogging or swimming?
53. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
That I would never get tired and would never require sleep.
54. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received from your Mom?
Remember who you are and what you represent.
55. A book you read in school that positively shaped you?
He’s Just Not That Into You- not in school, but it definitely changed my life!
56. One a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you about life right now?
10, of course 🙂
57. iPhone or Android?
I love my droid!
58. Favorite song to blast in the car?
Feelin’ Alright by Joe Cocker or Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers
59. To be or not to be?
60. A sport you wish you could play?
I truly wish I enjoyed running (free! great workout! runners high!) but nope.
61. Three people alive or dead that you’d like to have dinner with?
Dolly Parton, Robert E. Lee, Nancy Reagan
62. Lipstick or gloss?
63. What can you never, ever live without?
64.What scares you the most?
Losing someone that I love. And dying before my children grow up.
65. Last photograph you took?
66. What’s keeping you busy these days?
Oh Lord…my darling kiddos, my business, Scott’s business, church, trying to keep the house clean (LOSING), staying creative, baseball, soccer, wrapping up the school year, it goes on and on.
67. What one thing do you need to have in your fridge at any one time?
Milk and Wine!
68. What is your pet peeve?
When people turn without a turn signal. And close-talkers.
69. What do you think is the most import life lesson for someone to learn?
Not to judge others, but just be kind and to love others above all.
70. What does creativity mean to you?
It’s solving a simple problem in a different way. It’s thinking outside of the box, and making connections that others may not see– it’s just seeing things from a different perspective. To quote Steve Jobs, “it’s just connecting things.”
71. What is the hardest part of being a mom?
Knowing what to say to your children when other kids have hurt their feelings.
72. How do you like your coffee?
Strong and black.
73. Favorite curse word?
SHIT. Haha, sorry. 🙂
I’d love to hear your answers. Share in the comments!