As of 3:30 today, it is SPRING BREAK in the Luton house! And GOOD GOLLY we are ready. We don’t really have big plans, but we have a short list of fun things we’re planning on doing…
- Ben has a baseball game tonight, and then Saturday morning, the kids are heading to Nana and Pop’s house for a fun weekend! While they spend some good quality time in Aiken, Scott and I are going to take advantage of the time to ourselves! We are planning a trip to the Atlanta Farmer’s Market, finding some good pizza, visiting a traveling Vietnam Memorial near us, and enjoying the quiet! We actually will be collaborating to get a lot of work done, and I really need to catch up on some laundry and housework. Pretty sure I’ll be able to squeeze in a bit of sewing too. 🙂 Once the kids get back on Monday afternoon, we’ll get after our mini spring break bucket list.
- The strawberry farm near our house just opened for the season, so we’re going to go pick strawberries one morning! They also serve the most delicious fresh strawberry ice cream, so you can bet we’ll partake in that too.
- I *might* have closeted a few of the kids’ gifts that they received at Christmas…and we’re going to pull them out! So, let the jewelry making, pillow sewing, and puzzle building commence!
- Hopefully we’ll get a start on our little annual garden and compost bin! I want to plant tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, basil, cilantro, and rosemary for sure, and then the kids will get to pick out a few things they want to grow too. I also want to get a few more indoor houseplants, since the ones I got a month or so ago haven’t died yet! Success! I like how they add some color and life and freshness to the house. Just the update we need for spring! So if anyone has any suggestions on low-maintenance houseplants, I am all ears!
- And most of all, I really want to be able to just let the kids play, relax, and recharge. We have had SUCH A BUSY last month, and it’s not gonna slow down anytime soon, so a rigid spring break schedule is not what I’m after. We’re planning a few friends playdates, but otherwise, we are going to fly by the seat of our pants. Get ice cream when the mood strikes us, watch movies in our pjs, play outside and ride bikes, and enjoy the time together. The countdown to 3:30 is ON!
I hope you have a wonderful Friday, a super weekend, and if you’re on spring break next week, have an AWESOME time with your family! Cheers to the weekend!