So, I have been MIA all this week (though, I seem to go on many a short hiatus more frequently than I’d like to admit, I know), but WHOA. We have been really busy. Thank GOODNESS we have a three day weekend ahead of us, and HOORAY!!!!, FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! So today I’m sharing a short summary of a few things on my mind, and things we’ve been up to lately:
- Thanks for the AMAZING response to my new business!! If you missed that post, you can read it here. I have been very busy with MMG, and am so thankful for all the support and love and wonderful comments, texts, calls, and emails!
- I had the AMAZING opportunity to go to the Chick Fil A Headquarters on Monday and participate in Lysa TerKeurst’s Compel Training. I read Lysa’s book The Best Yes last summer, and it was really life changing. So, seeing her in person and listening to her 2 hour training class was really amazing. If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of her events, do not hesitate! GO! Not only is she an amazing woman of God, but she’s an inspirational businesswoman and marketer. And I cannot WAIT to start her new book, UnInvited, which we got at the event!
- Scott had a big birthday last week, and on Saturday, we pulled off an AMAZING surprise 40th birthday party!!! I had told him the week before that I had a surprise for him, and that I had organized a golf outing for his birthday. That in fact was true, but was just a cover to get him out of the house while we set up the party and guests arrived. Then after golf was over and he came home, he was surprised by family and friends, most of which had traveled hours to come! It was a really wonderful day, we really surprised him, and I think everyone had a really great time.
- We are in full-cheerleading-swing! Brantley and Grayson are on the same squad this year (Brantley’s second year cheering, Grayson’s first), and mama is coaching! The girls really seem to enjoy it, and I really do enjoy teaching the girls and the other sweet 12 girls on their squad. It is so fun to teach them some of my favorite old cheers from way back in the day, and it amazes me on a daily basis how much I remember, and some of the routines I remember! I mean, some of them are 20 years old! But I guess I did live and breathe cheerleading for so long that those cheers are etched into my brain. But seriously, though, are these not two of the sweetest little cheerleaders you have ever seen?!
- We had so much awesome food left over from Scott’s party that I hardly had to go to the grocery store this week, thus I didn’t have much of a meal plan! We had barbeque, coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, hash and rice and hushpuppies, and plenty of leftovers. We made a HUGE pot of Brunswick Stew with some of the barbeque and hash (which was so good), and it fed us lunch and dinner for almost three days! We froze the rest of the barbeque, and ate hash and rice with coleslaw and potato salad for another dinner. We had so much rice left over that I made some fried rice last night (tip- homemade fried rice is so much better when you use 1-2 day old leftover rice!) and OMG it was so good, so we;re hvaing it again tomorrow night. SO- not much on the meal plan front this week, but I’ll need to get back on that horse next week.
- My baby boy started preschool last week! Ben is in a 4 day-three year old class, and goes for 3 hours Tuesday through Friday mornings. He loves it, and seems to be doing so well that he doesn’t want to leave at pick-up! As much as you’d think (or I’d think, haha!) I’d love the quiet time all to myself to get a bunch of work done (or just sit by myself in silence for a while), I miss him so much! I try to be really productive those mornings, which is great, but I am always so anxious to pick him up and get big hugs from him. I miss my favorite little boy! I told him the other day that he needed to stop growing and to stay little, and he said he would. Then he came back to me later on, with a very concerned look on his face, and told me, “Mama, I’m sorry, but I have to grow up and get big. But I promise, I’ll still give you ALL my hugs and ALL my kisses!” Let’s just start praying now for all his future girlfriends and his future wife. I will not be giving this boy up easily.
Whew! I guess that’s a pretty good summary of the goings-on around here lately. Maybe I’ll squeeze in some more regular blogging, but I can’t make any promises, haha! But, I do hope that you have a wonderful long weekend, and a great Labor Day!