Happy Friday, friends! We are two weeks into summer, and we have been busy! I am ready for the weekend, and prepping for a little trip away next week. I haven’t posted on Friday in a while (#life), so I thought I’d post another 10 Things that I like. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
1. Jack Rogers Sandals- I got these for my birthday and have been living in them. They go with everything!
2. Chick Fil A Frosted Coffee- I mean Chick Fil A can pretty much do no wrong anyway, but coffee (my favorite) and Chicken Fil A ice cream (my favorite) is pretty much the best beverage/dessert combination in history.
3. Bloodline on Netflix- I just finished the second season last night and OMGGGGGGG it’s soooo good. Kyle Chandler of Friday Night Lights fame (Coach Taylor!!) is the main character, and is amazing. That is enough reason to watch!
4. Shrimp Cocktail- So simple, and SO GOOD. Especially if the shrimp are roasted and not boiled (more flavor!).
5. Summer Rain Storms- I know that a lot of people have had some serious flooding and lots of people are totally sick of the rain. I totally get that. But we have been lucky to only have a few late-afternoon rain showers that have been so refreshing.
6. Farmers Markets- I am so excited to head to our local farmers market tomorrow morning! The beautiful local fruit and vegetable selection is obvious, but we love going for local coffee and artisans selling their pottery, beautiful fresh flowers, and live music and shaved ice for the kids. Can’t wait!
7. Paper Straws- Don’t they just make drinks that much more fun and festive?!
8. Summer Dresses- Shorts and I are not on the best of terms, and so I have been living in light and breezy summer dresses and loving it.
9. Oysters- We had a dozen and a half raw oysters when we were out for my birthday a few weeks ago, and they were so delicious. My favorite way to indulge- raw oysters on a saltine cracker with tabasco and tons of horseradish. YUM.
10. Pretty Kitchen Aprons- I have a lovely little collection of kitchen aprons, but I rarely wear them when I am cooking! I used to think I don’t want to mess them up, but isn’t that the whole point of wearing an apron? To get them dirty so they don’t mess up your clothes?! So I am pulling them out more often while I am making dinner, and love the way they make me feel.
Have a great weekend!